Monday 11 March 2013

Slowing down time

It happened...that moment you dread from the moment your little boy is born...the moment you know is gonna happen but hope it never does....the moment he GROWS UP

It happened last night right before my eyes.  He was getting ready to have a shower and came over to me and said those dreadful words "Mom, can you buy me some deodorant?"

I looked at him like I saw a ghost...I had visions of him going off to college and walking down the isle.  I didn't know what to say, my mouth was so dry I couldn't speak if I wanted too...I grabbed on to the wall to hold myself up and looked at my handsome little man and just nodded.  He smiled and skipped off into the bathroom oblivious to what I was screaming in my head.

How did this happen.  How did he grow up so fast without me even realising it.  It's like you see them through baby coloured glasses and then little things happen and it's like a punch in the face.  So of course I did what every mother would do in my situation...I started to look through his baby pictures.  I needed to see when it all happened and how I missed it.




 There it is...there is no denying that my little boy isn't so little anymore.  So I guess I will have to suck it up and buy him some deodorant, start packing his stuff for university and order his tux.

 And then I hear this voice from the bathroom, this sweet little voice saying "Mom, can you help me turn on the shower?"  and I realise that I still have time :)




No comments:

Post a Comment