Friday 8 March 2013

The Phantom Cleaner

About a year ago, I decided to hire someone to clean my house.  It was AWESOME.. it was so nice to have someone do all of the things you hate doing and never seem to have time to do.  However, I've come to realise that the fact that she was here to clean was only a small part of the overall experience...Because it was then that I was introduced to, what I've aptly named...the Phantom Cleaner...you know the one that only shows up the night before the cleaning lady arrives...

The one who sweeps the floor just enough so it doesn't look like you live in a pig pen when she arrives but not so much that she knew you did it.

The one who would pick up 90% of the toys in the kids rooms and leave just a few scattered throughout and strategically placed behind doors and under the beds...

The one who would clean the counters in the kitchen and then make a toast so as to create the perfect crumb pile that made it looked like it was only there from breakfast instead of the pile that was actually 4 times that size a few hours ago.

And the one who would pledge just enough so you couldn't write your name in the dust on the end tables but not enough that you could see  your reflexion...

Yup...the Phantom Cleaner.

 So it dawned on me that I actually didn't really need the cleaner to come after all...I just needed to think she was coming...so I am posting this as a job opportunity for someone who will threaten to come and clean my house so that the phantom cleaner will appear and get the ball rolling....

Anyone???

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment